This was sent to me in an email campaign today & I felt you might benefit from this article. As the US Celebrate Independence Day this week, they consider their fight for Separation from the British Rule.
This article offers advice on some things that you would benefit from implementing a separation or independence. Please Read below this article from David Newman of Do It Marketing.
Speaker’s Declaration of Independence
To celebrate Independence Day here in the US, here are 17 articles of the “Speaker’s Declaration of Independence.”
- You are independent of “being chosen” and will proactively reach out to highly targeted prospects with a value-first message to ask how you can help them.
- You are independent of “small potatoes” thinking and doing and you are free to think big – and act bigger (courtesy @JeffreyHayzlett)
- Your fees are independent of any prospect’s budget. What they “can afford” has zero to do with what you deserve to earn based on the value you deliver.
- You are independent of being stuck, stymied, and confused. You are free to DECIDE and DEFINE exactly what problems you solve and exactly what people you serve.
- You are independent of “waiting for someday” for your speaking-driven business to become what you always wanted it to be. Your time is now and your opportunities are limited only by your imagination.
- You are independent of “one size fits all” business models. Keynoters are no better (or richer) than trainers, seminar leaders, coaches, consultants, facilitators, online course creators, etc. The business model that fits is the business model that pays (and lasts.)
- You are independent of “shiny object syndrome” and you are free to focus relentlessly on MMA (Money-Making Activity) to connect with the right prospects who want you to solve the right problems at the right fee.
- You are independent of tactic-itis because you know that random tactics lead to random results. You are free to put the right strategies in place that lead to coordinated tactics, action steps, and results.
- You are independent of being treated like a commodity. You are free to boldly claim your topic, niche, target market, and specialization as an expert who speaks professionally.
- You are independent of impostor syndrome. You are free to embrace the entirety of your expertise, experience, past jobs, past careers, skills, insights, and hard-won wisdom and bring 100% of those assets to bear on delivering massive value to your hand-selected group of extremely lucky high-paying clients.
- You are independent of “local-yokel” status. You are free to drop your Chamber membership, stop taking local gigs for peanuts, and stop playing small in your own backyard. National experts market and sell nationally, and are in high demand regardless of geography.
- You are independent of sales reluctance. You are free to open relationship-building conversations with highly targeted prospects who are actively seeking solutions to the urgent, pervasive, expensive problems you’re already brilliant at solving.
- You are independent of the competition. You are free to zig where they zag and you are free to shift your positioning, packaging, and messaging so that you truly become a “Category of One” (courtesy @JoeCalloway)
- You are independent of “random acts of marketing.” You are free to laser focus on only high-probability prospects because you’re a student of the game and know exactly who to connect with, what they want, and where to find them. You “fish where the fish are” (courtesy @CoreyPerlman)
- You are independent of your partner or spouse’s lack of belief and support for your entrepreneurial journey. You are free to openly discuss what you’re doing, why it’s important to you, and how you’re going to recommit (now – right now!) to making this a real business and not a hobby by getting dead serious about your revenue generation.
- You are independent of the “feast or famine” revenue rollercoaster. You are free to build a high-fee speaking-driven business that generates a consistent flow of leads, clients, and cash and creates the lifestyle you envisioned when you first started your entrepreneurial adventure.
- You are independent of fear, uncertainty, and doubt. You are free to build your speaking-driven business as a decisive, committed action-taker who never spends a moment in hesitation (courtesy @RussRuffino) and who is 1,000% focused on daily action, traction, and results.
David Newman :: Do It! Marketing