:00 – Intro Music
0:26 – Affirmation:
“I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.”
- Og Mandio, The Greatest Salesman in the World.
1:00 – Introduction to Sean and his platform.
- U.S. Air Force Veteran,
- TEDx Speaker,
- Master Resilience Implementer
- International Radio Show Host
- Performance Enhancement Expert & Author
- Suicide survivor
- Believes you are created for a purpose
- Wants you to lead “epic lives”
- Believes the power to say “This is not how my story ends”
- Passionate about inspiring people.
Book: Decision – Inspiring people to succeed.
- Wants to be a person of value rather than a person of success
4:50 – Discussion about Pride
- Is pride a sin?
- It’s important to take pride in the things that you do. Even small things, since they can translate into bigger things.
- Being proud without egoism and arrogance.
- Is pride good or bad?
- Balance between pride and humility
- Pride can hurt if you don’t ask for help.
- “If you aren’t humble, you will be humbled”
- What does pride mean to you?
- Take ownership and accountability for anything that belongs to you.
- Being grateful for the things around you.
- Ownership and accountability that comes with being apart of something or doing something.
9:28 -What are you most proud of?
- Wife and kids. Take pride in family
- Work ethic.
- TEDx talk.
- Ability to balance work, family and motivation speaking.
- Being able to create a schedule for everything. Being able to balance work life, family life, and hobbies effectively.
- “No success matters, without success in the home”
11:30 – The Success Corps
- Sean’s field of influence and where he feels he can add value.
- Wanted to create something that hadn’t been done.
- 2014, became a master resilience trainer for the air force. Gave him a new perspective and idea for future endeavors.
- 2015, wanted to be a speaker. Worked with a designer to create a platform.
- Three questions Sean always asks himself before anything: what I am willing to do more of than anybody else. What am I willing to do differently? How will I connect?
- Providing a valuable coaching tool.
- Learning how to create a vision and implement it successfully.
- Learn how to be successful in whatever you want to do. 10-year vision.
- Mastermind group: 10-week boot camp, followed by implementation. unlock the blockage of your mind, body and soul that could be holding you back. Elevating your life to the next level.
- 6 to 8 figure earners as guest speakers to give people advice on their business.
- “You get out of life what you put into it”
30: 19 – Advice for dealing with failure
- Put effort into everything you do.
- Be willing to change your life, grow, and do things differently.
- You fail when you stop trying.
- Accept that life is not a box of sunshine and rainbows.
- Sean’s perceived failures in life included failed relationships, alcohol abuse, suicidal thoughts, business failures, negative thinking…etc
- Learn the success doesn’t happen overnight.
- Learn from mistakes. More times you try, the more likely you’ll succeed.
- You must create things at the right time.
- One needs to be in the right mental space.
- Need to learn when to let go.
- Getting up and trying again, but also learn when to quit and move on.
- Keep moving forward. Don’t stagnate.
40:00 – Living the Life – where does success come from?
- What is “living the life”
- People want the success and the money, but the journey sucks so they never get there.
- Struggling is part of the process of living the dream.
- Living your best life is living without anger and in peace.
- Finding people that are going to elevate you.
- Realizing your dream and your vision.
- Seeing progress and growth.
- Being content in every moment.
- Don’t be a happiness chaser. Be a moment maker. Create moments. Accept everything and make meaning from it.
- Live your truth.
- Work to live. Having work/life balance.
45:00 – Book to recommend
- Play Bigger – Christopher Lochhead
47:55 – Where can you find Sean?
TEDx talk video: https://youtu.be/CKudfG39Vs4
Facebook Page: www.Facebook.com/SeanDouglasSpeaks
Sean’s Book –www.Amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1532943865?vs=1
Sean’s Radio Show: www.BlogTalkRadio.com/LifeTransformationRadio
iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/life-transformation-radio/id1210888786?mt=2
48:30 – Next class
- End of July / beginning of August
50:28 – Outro
Den of Pride Links: